Spanish Inquisition. (2)

I was still hugging him. For how long, I'm not sure. It only dawned on me what I had been doing when I felt his hands moved towards my back and pulled me close. He buried his head on my neck and lifted me for a strong hug. Everything came rushing back to me and guilt crawled up to my skin. I pushed him away.

"No, not again. Not this time," he said and pulled me back towards him. I pushed him away "No, I'm sorry. It was a mistake, I shouldn't have done it. This can't happen," I said hastily. I shoved his keys in his hands and walked away. I walked fast but I could hear his footsteps behind me.

I turned around, ready to yell at him but he was not there. Just a couple of teenagers walking by, weird-ed out I guess by this lady that just stopped dead in her tracks. Tears began to form in the corner of my eyes. He didn't follow me like I would think. So I slumped to side, buried my face in my knees and cried.

I realised then, that he stopped waiting. And this is real. I'm going to be alone, forever.

No comments: