ACT 5, SCENE 1

Scene I - An abandon castle.
        ANNE looking around, bearing a torch and shine over the portraits hanging on the solemn wall.
        Enter OLD LADY.


OLD LADY
Beautiful aren't they?


ANNE
You scared me.


OLD LADY
Fear not as I'm only the guardians of these walls. What is it that you seek coming here unannounced? 


ANNE
Solace. For I have none since September. I do apologize if I have impede any activity. I shall leave.


OLD LADY
Ah just wait. If solace is that you seek, why here? Given the history these walls have witness, surely you must known that comfort is the last thing you may find.


ANNE
It is the quiet that gives me comfort.


OLD LADY
Lend me your hands. Ah yes, you have the mark of bleakness and yet there is a tinge of darkness. Let me see closer. Yet here's a spot.


ANNE
You're hurting me.


OLD LADY
There is a spot here in your palm. It will not go away..


ANNE
Please stop


OLD LADY
...it must go away. Out out damn spot! These hands must be cleaned.


ANNE
Stop it. Let go!


OLD LADY
Out, damned spot! out, I say!--One: two: why,then,tis time to do't. What, will these hands ne'er be clean?--No more o'that, my lord, no more o' that: you mar all with this starting. 


Lights fade. Screams.

No comments: